Sonic Logic has been around since 2012 and now launches version 3 which is a complete overhaul of the app’s with new features galore. Here’s what’s new:
- Multiple MIDI destinations – Control multiple MIDI destinations from one component. Component can now map up to eight different destinations (Channel, CC, value or type). Create complex button, knob and slider mappings. Multiple MIDI destinations also work with timed transition buttons, so one tap of a button can trigger complex timed transitions to multiple destinations.
- New top bar and workflow – The new top bar replaces the legacy one with a better workflow, the top bar has a built in MIDI out output indicator, showing exactly what MIDI values are transmitted out. The legacy components selection bar has been replaces with the new component creation screen.
- Tab bar – The screen selection and controls have been replaces with an easy and more visible tab bar.
- Connection center – All of the outgoing connection has been put into one managing screen, tapping on the connection panel anywhere in the app opens it and it’s a one stop shop for all types of connection.
- MIDI Logger – the MIDI logger logs all outgoing MIDI traffic, you can easily monitor what data is transmitted in a session. The logger holds up to 10,000 records.
- Component creation screen – The new component creation screen has easier controls for selecting component types, presets and edit controls.
- Detailed edit screens – The detailed edit screens have been refactored for better control. The group edit screens now allows access only to relevant edit data from a complex group, making it easier to select what traits are changed in a group.
- Better support for 10.5” and 12.9” devices – Almost all components have been redrawn to fit beautifully on 10.5” and 12.9” screens and are fully scaled for large devices. 12.9” devices can work with two sizes – normal or large, both are fully scaled.
- Redesign simple edit screens – The simple edit screens now show better grouping and have a blurred background to preserve the work context. Almost all modal screens have been enhanced with a similar effect.
- Fixes and tweaks – Bugs squashed and a lot of over perfectionist code has been written to enhance tiny bits of the overall experience.
Sonic Logic costs $9.99 on the app store
The post Sonic Logic 3 lands with a whole set of new features and a solid foundation to build on for the future appeared first on CDM Create Digital Music.
from CDM Create Digital Music cdm.link/newswires/sonic-logic-3-lands-with-a-whole-set-of-new-features-and-a-solid-foundation-to-build-on-for-the-future/