American Association of Independent Music (A2IM) has added its support to the #LoveMusic campaign fighting for passage of an EU proposal to modernize copyright and limit the “safe harbor” provisions that often allow YouTube, Google and other tech platforms to exploit musician’s work without proper permissions and compensation.
The EU parliament will vote on the provision on September 12th.
From the A2IM blog:
“We urgently need your help to stop that happening and to ensure musicians, creators and everyone in our world-beating music industry are not denied a fair reward for their work”
What you can do to show your support:
- Visit and share the #LoveMusic website love-music.co/, sign the petition in support of the legislation.
- Support on social media:
- Follow us and UK Music on twitter and retweet as much as you can in support of the campaign using the hashtag #LoveMusic.
- Post support on your own social channels using the assets you can download here.
- Get artists involved by asking them to voice their support by posting on social media or any other channel they have available. Artists are key in the battle to win the hearts and minds of the public on this issue!
- Send emails/letters to your parliamentarians.
For more information or to get involved contact Henry@musicindie.com