Moog has announced the Matriarch, a brand new analog, semi-modular synth that is turning heads as well as ears.
Unveiled on the opening day of Moogfest 2019, the Moog Matriarch is a patchable 4-note paraphonic analog synthesizer with a built-in Sequencer, Arpeggiator, stereo Ladder Filters, and stereo Analog Delay. It’s semi-modular so patching isn’t required to explore its rich sonic capabilities, but with 90 modular patch points, there’s a vast array of possibilities.
- Mono, duo, and 4-note paraphonic playability
- Stereo analog delay w/ up to 700ms of MIDI sync-able stereo or ping/pong style repeats
- 256 step sequencer w/ up to 4 notes per step and 12 stored patterns. Can be decoupled from Matriarch to independently sequence external gear
- Arpeggiator with selectable modes (Order, Forward/Backward, Random)
- Semi-modular analog synthesizer – no patching required
- 90 modular patch points for endless exploration
- Expressive 49-note Fatar keyboard w/ patchable velocity and aftertouch
- 4 analog oscillators w/ selectable waveshape and hard sync per-oscillator
- Full-range analog LFO with 6 selectable waveshapes
- Dual analog filters with parallel (HP/LP), stereo (LP/LP), and series (HP/LP) modes available
- Dual analog ADSR envelopes
- Dual analog VCAs
- 3x bipolar voltage controlled attenuators with ring mod capability
- 2×4 parallel wired unbuffered mults
- Additional simple analog LFO useful for adding modulation to delay, filters and VCAs.
- 1/4“ external audio input for processing guitars, drum machines, and more through Matriarch’s analog circuits
- Stereo ¼” and 3.5mm Eurorack level audio outputs
The Moog Matriarch is available now for preorder ($1,999 USD). It begins shipping in Summer of 2019.
For more info visit he Moog Music website.
from EMusician www.emusician.com/gear/moogs-announces-the-matriarch-semi-modular-synth